Unlocking Synergies: How can Switzerland become a Circular Economy Pioneer?
Time & Location
About the Event
Quoting outdoor company Patagonia : "there is no business on a dead planet".
We are in the midset of a climate and biodiversity crisis. We drastically need a paradigm shift in all sectors wherein climate and environmental factors are incorporated into all decision making processes for business, economic, society and politics.
In recent years, various circular economy projects have been launched in Switzerland. A wide range of private companies and public organisations are dedicated to the goal of making the Swiss economy more sustainable through circularity thanks to creative approaches and innovative initiatives.
In this webinar "Unlocking Synergies - How can Switzerland become a Circular Economy pioneer" we want to discuss with national and international players firstly, where Switzerland stands with regard to circular economy and secondly, what concrete approaches and collaborations are necessary to promote a real transition to a circular economy within the planetary boundaries.
The webinar is organized in collaboration between "One Planet Lab" and the "Circular Economy Transition" initiative. It will take place in the framework of the Open Hub Day 2020 (online) and will bring together more than 250 digital participants.
Goal of the session
- Explore the potential for Switzerland to pivot to Circular Economy (CE) follower to a pioneer through value chain collaborations
- Inform, inspire, and incite companies, circular economy champions and political interest groups to become more circular/active!
- Provide thought leadership and learn from examples beyond Switzerland
About the speakers
- Kirsten Dunlop, CEO of Climate KIC
- Mathis Wackernagel, Founder and President of Global footprint network
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation - Simon Widmer, Design Network and Creative Lead (Speaker)
- Spatial Foresight / European Economic and Social Committee - Frank Holstein, Spatial Foresight
- WWF Switzerland - Patricia Matzdorf, Senior Partnership and Project Manager, Innovation and socio-economic Change(Moderator)
- Circular Economy Transition & sanu durabilitas - Nils Moussu, Program lead Circular Economy
About the organisers
Circular Economy Transition is a pioneer initiative that aims at accelerating the transition of Switzerland to a Circular Economy. It currently takes place in 5 Swiss cities - Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, and Zurich.
In close collaboration with Impact Hub Switzerland, sanu durabilitas and with the support of the MAVA foundation, this initiative will contribute to drive the new paradigm for the future of business, policy making and society through 4 main approaches:
- Circular Economy Incubator
- Circular Business Lab
- Circular policy recommendations
- Circular Ecosystem building
The One Planet Lab supports and networks "doers", "thinkers" and "followers" from civil society, business and public organizations in the implementation and development of resource-saving initiatives and projects in Switzerland: The Lab will offer knowledge, networking for its community members as well as running pilot projects to advance our vision. The One Planet Lab is the brainchild of over 300 co-creators in the Swiss-german and Roman regions of Switzerland.
With the development of the One Planet Lab, WWF Switzerland and its partner organisations, seek to promote the transformation to a resource-saving society in Switzerland.
Our vision is to show that we can change our production and consumption models in such a way that we do not need more resources than our planet can provide and that a fulfilling life is still possible. #oneplanetsolutions
Official launch of the One Planet Lab is January 2021. This event is part of our Teaser series.
The event will be held online. After your registration via Eventfrog, you will receive an email with all information or with access to the Zoom call closer to the event.
The event is limited to 500 attendees via zoom. Make sure to reserve your seat.
Through the purchase of a ticket to join us online, you will have access to the virtual Open Hub Day conference, featuring many inspiring workshops and talks taking place the whole day.
We are looking forward to this great discussion with you!
14:00h - 15.30h